"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'" Matthew 25:40
Come Serve With Us!
Through short-term mission teams and internships, HEAL continues to increase the awareness of the plight of abandoned women and children in Uganda. We believe that changing the world is done one heart at a time-and that process begins with your heart and mine. Our prayer is that a heart to serve abandoned women and children also becomes a generational calling in your family. For an in-depth look at our short-term missions, read testimonies from our blog.
The Mission Team price ranges between $3,500 and $4,000. Final price is dependent on final airfare prices and based on a team of 10-12 people. A $500 non-refundable deposit is due upon acceptance and your team leader will communicate the remainder of your due dates.
Note: HEAL's fees do not include online visa, safari and required travel vaccinations, immunizations or medications.
What does a typical HEAL team look like?
- Experience village visits
- Experience home visits where the ladies that we serve live
- Experience other organizations that we partner with: Amani Baby Cottage, Ekisa Ministries, and Jinja Pregnancy Care Center
- Experience town: central market shopping, life on Main Street, Kilombera Weaving
- Visit the Source of the Nile on a Lake Victoria boat ride
- Experience a day in the life of the programs at the James Place:
- Childcare - Spend time playing with the 63 kids in our childcare program. Participate in PE, help serve them lunch, help get them down for nap after bathtime, and have a genuine good time getting to play with and love on our children.
- Observe the following: Preschool Class - You'll get to sit in on our Preschool for both our 4 and 5 year olds as well as our 3 and 4 year olds as well as attend Preschool field trips, which includes taking them swimming, weather permitted!
- Observe the following: Business Classes and English Classes for our women
- Participate in the following: Our jewelry design program, leather works program, sewing program, and pottery program. You'll get to learn how to roll paper beads, how the women make the leather bags and tassels for our jewelry, how the women use Singer sewing machines to make products such as uniforms and jewelry bags, as well as how the women throw clay and fire the pieces that they make right here on the property.
- Build relationships with our staff members
You will get to do all of this and more when you serve on a team at the James Place.
To learn more about mission teams and internships, contact:
Tina Weir, Executive Director of HEAL Ministries & Director of the James Place at:
2018 Mission Trip Dates
January 6th - 20th
HEAL Harpeth Hall Team - FULL
May 12th - May 26th
HEAL Mission Trip
Team Leader: Katherine (Fergie) Ferguson
September 29th - October 14th
HEAL Mission Trip
Team Leader: Sarah Riepe